So, seeing as I didn’t have a post schedual set out, right now I’m planing (from now on) for Tuesdays to be a post about what’s happening on my main, while Thursday will be a more indepth and, hopefully, infomative post. Then sporatically throughout the week I’ll post any breaking news, or just funny things I’ve seen in the game, or other things less WoW related.
Originally this blog was going to be about how I was learning to tank. I’d still love to do this, but the current environment just isn’t there for me. The toon I was going to “learn” on is MoreReady, but in anything that isn’t endgame content there doesn’t seem to be anything resembling a tank shortage, let alone people online. In my guild there’s never more than five other people online, and PuGs need healers. This has proved a boon, as now I’ve fallen in love with Rejuvenation, Regrowth, and spamming downranked Healing Touch.
So, now that it’s become apparent that I’m probably not going to be learning to tank anytime soon I’m going to open up the focus of the blog, which will also help keep me a little more interested (I hope).
What’s to come, now with bullet points!:
- I will post three times a week. I have a large gap in classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I’ll try to do my writing then. I’m not sure yet if that means that I’ll post on those days, or try and do a MWF schedule yet.
- Topics I’m looking to cover:
- My playing around with dual boxing.
- Addons of all sorts.
- Many other things I haven’t even thought of yet!
- I also plan on getting a graphics uplift. Right now I’m hosted on WordPress, and they seem to want money to let me do anything remotely useful. I do have a lot of webspace just floating around unused, but I don’t really like the domain name anymore. Plus I don’t know if I want the hassles that come from self hosting, although it would be nice to be able to do things like be “Powered by WoWHead.”
Any advice would be welcomed.
So, it’s been about three weeks since I last posted here. This isn’t due, entirely, to lack of ideas. I have a bunch of posts sitting around, waiting to be published. They’ll probably never be finished, and I honestly don’t remember what they’re supposed to be about.
In this absence I did learn something, though. As much as I love the idea of tanking, and how my goal is still learning to tank, I really don’t like it. Part of the problem might be that when ever I actually get to tank I’m playing with people who are on their bajillionth alt, and they don’t really let me tank. I’m constantly chasing around after mobs that I don’t need to, because they have a handle on it. But seeing as it was my first time trying to legitimately tank an instance, it was incredibly stressful.
I’ve also found, in the mean time that I’ve come to embrace my arch nemesis, healing. This might have something to do with the PuG in which I was healing was far more supportive, tried to do things like a real group, and the group leader was full of compliments (Plus I kept everyone up, even when the testy mage decided to “test” the tank by randomly pulling a bunch of mobs right before we zoned out).
With this in mind, I don’t think this blog is going to become l2healz, but I think something much more amorphous, mainly because I think I’ll be much more likely to be able to come up with something to write, and generally have more fun.
So, everyone gets to be subjected for my loving abuse of the comma.
PS, I’m keeping the tittle, as maybe, some day, I’ll l2tank lolz!!1!